I know as a parent that sometimes it can be a little bit of a challenge to find fun and fairly cheap things to do with your littles. So I’ve put together a list of some of my go to outings with my babes.
- Picnic in the park. Pack a lunch, some lemonade, a big blanket, sunscreen, some baby toys, a couple books, and a football for the older kiddos.
- Trip to the library. Get the kids a library card, pick out some books and have story time at home. Afterwards, do a craft that has to do with the main character in their book. For Example, The Very Hungry Caterpillar. Get some old egg cartons, cut them length wise, use pipe cleaners for the legs and antennas, colored pompoms for the backs, and googley eyes. They can even finger paint their caterpillars.
- Go on adventure nature walk. Play a counting scavenger hunt. Have then find things like 1 big sick , 2 little sticks, 3 flowers, 4 rocks, 5 bugs and so on.
- U-Pick Berries. Go berry picking. Pack a lunch, cool drinks, and some baskets and go berry picking. Bring them home wash them, put them in a zip lock bag and freeze them and wait for grandma to come so you can all make jam together like we do. Or wash them and make jam, jellies, pies or just eat them together. Either way it’s super fun and extra yummy!
- Go fish! Take your kiddos fishing, teach them all about it, how to catch it, clean, and cook it. Something they won’t ever forget.
- Spend the day baking. Get out your favorite recipes, cookbooks, or Pinterest boards, lol and let them pick what they wanna make. Make them responsible for gathering they’re ingredients from the fridge and pantry, have them measure, pour, and mix if they’re old enough. If not do the measuring for them. Let them be in charge of the time since mama and/or dad have to be in charge of the oven.
- Sew something. Take your babes to the fabric store, pic out the pattern either online, Pinterest, at the fabric store, or make your own. Get all the supplies you’ll need. Then head home to get crafty with your littles. This last week my four year old and I made him a superhero cape. was so much fun and he was amazed that we could turn fabric into a personalized cape. Cape shown above.